Sunday, August 26, 2012

this time of year...

This time of year i always get an itch. I spent a good while yesterday thinking about what the itch is, and why i get it every year at this time. and then it hit me. August of 1997 my family moved to Hawaii. August of 2003, my family moved to Wisconsin. Late August 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 I moved from to Idaho for school. August of 2011, Tony and I moved to Utah. 

That may not seem like a lot, 1997, 2003, college, and 2011. but it really is. and maybe it's a little something about the change. Every year at this time so many people are getting excited about going back to school, new classes, new adventures, new friends. It all seems so exciting!

So many of my friends are starting school for the fall. and i'm kind of sort of jealous. I miss that excitement. You never know who you'll meet, what insane knowledge you'll gain, the adventures you'll have with your roommates and friends. It's such an exciting time!!

I found out last week that there are two classes i have to take to be be able to get my SSW. I honestly got excited about the thought of going back to college! maybe it really is time for me to start looking in to grad school......

i was on a date last night and he asked me, if i was 52 and single, what would i want to do? as soon as he asked that question i immediately saw myself teaching a college level class about Social Work or something. it blew my mind! Maybe it was a mental connection to Wendy Watts (Nelson), and how accomplished she was able to get because she didn't marry young. Maybe it's because my dad is a professor and my mom wants to teach and that's in my mind all the time.  But whatever the reason, that was my immediate thought to being single at 52.

Here's just a few things i've been thinking about lately....

No comments: