Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Country dancing and self-realization.

I love being busy. Amazing, I know. Maybe even crazy.

Today was non-stop. And I LOVED it!!! Work, played with Valentine, work, hung out with Jodes (love you girl!!), enrichment, painted nails with ellie, then went country dancing!! That was so much fun!!! The whole time I was there I had two thoughts in my head: Lynn would be so proud of me! (you know Lynn, since you used to do stuff like that all the time in college. Better late than never for me.) and I wish my stake dance girls could be here!! I learned some awesome new line dances I need to do!! Oh and random: some random guy came up and asked me to dance. That stuff never happens to me. And a big shout out to Ellie. Thank you so much for coming with me. I hope you had fun too!! You're amazing. Good luck on your presentation tomorrow!

But really, I learned two things about myself while at dancing.
1. I can't let the guy lead very well. What I've realized: I have become so used to being independent, it's hard to let someone lead me in what I do. I'm used to doing my own thing with my friends around me. None of this let the guy lead you and follow his lead thing. Oh well, with practice maybe.
2. I scream whenever I'm dipped. What I've learned: I can't trust people. I'm such an independent person I have a hard time trusting people I don't know very well.

Alright. On that insightful note I must retire to sleep. The loud music gave me a headache (imagine that). Hopefully it's gone by morning.

Sweet dreams world.

1 comment:

ellie said...

I sure did have fun, thanks for making me come. Can't wait for friday!