Sunday, February 12, 2012

Redhead/brunette

So i had Sammi dye my hair today. It was an extremely rash decision. We were at Sally's getting stuff so we could highlight her hair. And boom I just bought a bright red for me.

I was super nervous to do Sammie's hair. Working with bleach scares the living day lights out of me. But her hair looks surprisingly good! It lightened her whole head. It really looks amazing. I amaze myself.

Then my turn. We shadow boxed it. (that means the underneath hair in the back is colored.) we also did three chunks. The right side of my head near the front, the left side further back, and a strip right up across the part in my hair. I like the shadow box and the side chunks. But I kinda regret doing the chunk on the top. It's just too noticeable. But we'll see. I'll shampoo that part tomorrow. And red really does fade quick. Plus, my hair is a lot darker with product in it, so we'll have to see what that does. Overall I like it. I guess I'm the most afraid that my jobs will see it and say its not conservative enough or something like that. But we'll see tomorrow.

I loved how my dad responded when I told him I dyed my hair: 'NO!!!' it makes me happy to know my daddy loves me just the way I am.

Jodi Sammi and I spent a good hour tonight talking about high school and college and all the great times we've had. I am so blessed to have them in my lives. And I'm so grateful that they didn't give up on me when I was a terrible friend for awhile in college. But I got better again. And I was definitely better than someone else!

I was thinking about our high school days on my drive home tonight. Sammi and Jodi were talking about the way we looked in high school. They both said they looked weird in high school (which I disagree with) and I tried to say I looked weird too. But they disagreed. I had long curly hair, so apparently I was 'normal'. I disagree. That got me started on something. And then our talk later tonight about GC and YC and all the stake activities where we got away with so much stuff, completed my thought.

I may not have the biggest social life, the most friends, the best clothes, or know the right things to say. But at times in my life, I have been blessed with some of those. I have had my moments to shine. I had that time when girls looked up to me and boys wanted to be with me. I am grateful for those times. But I'm also grateful I'm not like that anymore. I had my time to shine and now in glad to be my own person again.

There are things I can learn from the old me, but I like me just the way Ian.

Alright, here are pictures!

No comments: