Sunday, February 17, 2013

time to play catch-up

for over a week i've had this nudge in the back of my mind telling me i need to blog again. it's been so dreadfully long, i don't even know where to begin!! 

for a few months i dated this really great guy! even though i got hurt in the end, our relationship was exactly what i needed. Kyle showed me that the type of guy i'm looking for (and deserve) is actually still out there. I had all but given up hope on ever finding a guy that would treat me right and had a variety of personality and skills i hope to have an a husband one day. But Kyle helped me see that i shouldn't give up on that dream. Kyle and i had some really great times, i learned so much from our relationship, I'm blessed to have had that experience. He taught me about: communication, patience, believing in myself, developing talents, family, persistence, and so much more. I won't lie, I was devastated when things ended, but i'm grateful for the relationship. I grew so much individually, and i'm more prepared for my next relationship. 
Kyle and i did a lot of fun things, some that involved a lot of other great people in my life. 
We went up to Nampa for Thanksgiving, I stayed at the Holms with Lynn and Janson - what a great opportunity to see my sister and her girls, have some sister time, while also meeting Kyles whole family. 
In December we went up to Rexburg for a night - I got to see Tiffys designs in the BYUI fashion show (it was her final semester of college!!!) - we went to dinner with Tiff and Keith, Jess and Ryan, AND Nikka and Peck. All we were missing was Bird and Nate and our whole group would've been reunited. It was SO great to see everyone again, and to not be single! haha We even got to see Erin and her boyfriend while we were in Rexburg!!
We had the opportunity to go to both the Christmas Devotional AND the Mo Tab Christmas Concert. After the Christmas Devotional we stopped at Eric and Ashlyns and played games with them for awhile. that was a neat opportunity, i figured Ash and Kyle would get along well. We went to the concert with Kyles parents. That was only slightly awkward, since he'd basically broken up with me the week before. 
We went to the symphony, that was pretty incredible. 
We went on a few photog adventures. 
We worked on a wide variety of projects together, that was really neat. Seeing him go in to handy man mode was a lot more attractive than i thought it'd be. haha
Well, to sum up the Kyle story - he had severe anxiety. and it got worse the more we dated. That was his sign that it wasn't meant to be. He was a great guy and had a LOT of really great qualities, that wasn't something he wanted for the rest of his life. I couldn't argue with that. So we were done. 

In other news.. 
  • i went home to Wisconsin for Christmas!! it was the BEST last minute decision i could've done for myself! I'm so glad my mom and my supervisor talked me in to it. it didn't help my disintegrating relationship with kyle, but it was good to be home and have my parents support with some things. I spent time with each of my parents one on one, and i got a fathers blessing before i left. I'm so SO blessed to have the parents i do. I can still see my moms face, crying and hurting watching me hurt. I never knew how much my dating pains hurt her too. I can still hear the support and love in my fathers voice as he gave me a blessing from him and my Heavenly Father. (and on a happy note) i remember asking my dad if he could make something for dinner and his response was 'anything for you sara' if that's not a sign that i'm spoiled rotten, i dont know what is! haha Tony and Eli even came and opened presents with us on Christmas. It was basically the only time i saw them, but it was so great to have them there. I love those boys so much. They have taught me so much, and growing up with them helped prepare me for my current career. 
  • I'm a full time Case Manager! yes, this started back in May when i was still blogging fairly often, but i just wanted to share the news again! haha it's still a surprise to me sometimes. 
  • I went to Portland in September. that was such a great trip! i love my sister and her family. Her girls make me so happy. i love how much they love me. 
  • i have FINALLY started doing daily scripture study and prayer. and i can definitely see the blessings in my life!
  • i have some of the greatest friends ever! i feel like i fell off the face of the earth when i started dating kyle, and the two times we broke up... they brought me right back in and loved me like nothing had ever happened. 
  • i continue to be attracted to JERKS - getting my heart involved too fast and getting hurt. one of these days i'll learn to keep my distance and see the red flags before getting too involved. 
  • i've made new friends and strengthened old ones. it's great to feel so loved and to love so many people. 
  • i've learned to enjoy new sports (MMA fighting.. seriously?!)
  • I had an epic adventure to the cabin in October with some friends. 
  • I moved in to a new room in my house! it's bigger and i have my own bathroom. i got a big bed too! i'm such a big girl now! haha
  • I've continued to take advantage of every spiritual opportunity i can while here in Utah. - Institute taught by Sherri Dew, Wendy Watts Nelson, and Elder Glenn L Pace. Firesides with people like Elder Bednar, Elder Hinckley, and others. 
  • I've seen Sammi and Jodi and few times, and that makes my heart so happy!
More has happened in my life. But i can't think of it right now. mostly it's been a lot of emotions. haha nah, i'm my usual happy go lucky, life is good kind of girl. (but there was some depression and self-doubt in there as well)

All i can say is that i am blessed in every aspect of my life, and i know that all of my blessings can be directly related back to Heavenly Father and His love for me. I'm forever grateful for the things and people He has put in my life. I can't wait to continue to see what else He has in store for me. I know that He has a plan for me, and I am putting all my faith and confidence in Him. I've learned how well it (doesn't) work out if I try to do things my way, I learned my lesson. It's His way or no way. 

No comments: