Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The story of this poor quilt...

So, one of my old roommates just got married and I decided to make them a throw size quilt with their wedding colors as my gift to them. I bought all the fabric the Friday before conference, and by the end of the weekend the quilt top was complete. That was huge for me! 
I took the fabric and rinsed, ironed, cut,  
pinned, sewed, ironed, laid it out in the design,
cut, sewed
cried because I thought I ruined it (I'm so grateful my mom took time to look at my pics and find a solution),

unstitched, resewed, unstitched, resewed, unstitched, resewed, ironed, and then cut to even the sides. And then WALAH! (Or however you spell that) the quilt top was done and it looks AWESOME!!!!

So after letting it sit around untouched for almost 2 weeks, I finally got around to layering and basting it tonight.... With the help of Wayne. 




My projected plan to finish the quilt before their reception Saturday....
Tomorrow/Thursday: my first real attempt at quilting instead of tying. 
Friday: sewing the binding on one side. 
Saturday: my attempt at hand stitching a binding, feeling like a failure, followed by a crappy attempt at stitching in the ditch to get it done. 

Here's to hoping this quilt gets put together better than expected!!! :)

No comments: