- Ride my bike every day! = FAIL. i rode MAYBE 5 times.
- Learn to play at least 2 songs on the guitar = that attempted lasted about a week as well.
- Hang out with Gill every week = not every week. but we have had some fun.
- Go to as many soccer games as a I can = Alaska put a damper on all of summer season, and work has put a damper on all but 1 fall game. :-( so... i guess i succeeded.. i did what i could! haha
- Save as much money as possible = well apparently, when you spend 7 weeks in Alaska, you miss 7 weeks of work! haha plus another week to Connecticut. and sometimes, the hospital just isn't as busy as they plan for. so.. i've saved some money.... enough to give it all to housing for the fall. *shakes head* lol
- Get a tan = yes.. and no. haha i've got something of a tan. not as dark as i'd like, but it's there.
- Go to the pool at least once a week = this was more for exercise that didn't hurt. it failed.
- Finish my t-shirt quilt = also a fail, though i'd like to finish it before then. :-/
- Go to institute as often as I can = i gave up. all the engaged couples made me want to gag. not gonna lie.
- Go see Eric and Ash in Connecticut (though this may not happen, and i understand that haha) = I DID IT!
i went to Alaska.
i successfully blogged about Alaska.
i took a Soc class which is helping me finish in 1 semester, not two.
I saw both Lynn, Janson and the girls AND Eric and Ashlyn aka, seen the whole family.
along with that, i have been to two coasts.
really, i have seen the pacific and atlantic oceans in the same summer.
I went to Canadia for the first time... we went two different times. :-P
I road tripped by myself... and survived car trouble.
I drove the Alaska Highway
I made my mom laugh more times than I can count
I now officially bicker like a married couple with my dad
I picked up the wonderful hobby of photography
I saw landscape I couldn't even dream of... both Alaska and east coast
I went to the largest mall in North America; also saw the tallest mountain in North America
I bawled my eyes out 3 separate times thinking i lost all my music and/or photos
I made friends
I danced my heart out like i was 16 again
it's kind of amazing to me that in less than 6 months. (december 18th actually) i will officially be a college graduate. with all the graduations i've been in.. this will be the first one i actually want to go to! haha i have so many mixed emotions about graduating. obviously, the LDS community is making me feel ridiculously horrible for not being married. 22, college grad, single... what's wrong with me? *shakes head* nothing. as i tell all my patients at the hospital, and some friends who actually as: 'why aren't you married yet?' my response is always the same: "haven't found anyone good enough" it may sound conceited. maybe it is. but i dont care. to me.. it's the truth. and it makes me feel a lot better to say that rather than 'no one wants to marry me' or something sad like that. YET, at the same time i have people who are married who are graduated who say 'you're so lucky, you dont have to worry about a family or anything' and they're right! after i graduate. i can do what i want! most likely.. i'll just move home, work at the hospital, and fight the grown-up-ness of postgrad life. BUT i can travel. i can play. i can do things people that are married only dream of doing. and that's what i'm going to do! as long as i've got this freedom, i might as well make the most of it! haha my plan: move home. work a little bit. go on a trip. work a little bit. go on a trip. Hawaii, Portland, Europe, Orlando. who knows where, when, or with who! Gill and i are going to Orlando sometime. Nikka and i are going to HI in 2015 for sure. my desire to go home to Hawaii is only getting stronger. soon the islands will be calling louder than i can resist. but i'll resist for as long as i can.
i looked into grad schools. and i bawled. i'm scared. and it's ridic expensive. and i simply dont want to go right now. dad says just take a year off and see how i feel. because i shouldn't do grad school if i dont want to, cuz it's hard work... you have to really want to do it. and he's right! so... well see. eventually something will happen. but for now.. no set plans. and i love it.
well blogging world. it's be real. maybe it wont take me months to post again. hope you have enjoyed the ramblings of my mind.
peace out.
3 comments:
The only goal that I dissapporve of your fail is the not going to institute.... the only reason is because we could have ditched institute together and done something way more fun with less annoying people. Oh wait I think we did do that a few times! I love you Sara!
You're beautiful with a wonderful attitude. You're right about the man that marries you. He's going to have to be good enough and if you haven't found him then why pretend? I want for you the same as I want for my daughters...the best!!! Don't ever settle cause you deserve someone who is going to appreciate you. I love you!
I did my goal: not to go to institute. Haha. I loved reading your posts. You're amazing and I love you sister! :)
Post a Comment