Saturday, December 3, 2011

Yes, I've missed a few days. But seriously: I have a dang good excuse. An hour after I finally fell asleep Wednesday night, the east winds started blowing like you wouldn't believe. To be honest, it scared me something awful. I've just never experience something like that. well Thursday morning: no power! And still INSANE winds! We had two trees uprooted and another tree lost all its branches but one. Unfortunately I still had to brave the weather and get to work. With barely any sleep and feeling totally nasty because I couldn't shower. Well my second job got cancelled because of weather. So I came home and the winds had died down so Sid, Liz, Jordan and I went to work on the trees. We got two trailers full and then it got too bitter outside to do any more. Sid and Liz had got the generator working so half the house had some heat and some lights. Liz and I braved the darkness and lack of street lights to go buy us some dinner. Then eventually I got brave enough to trust that our water heater had heated enough water for me to shower. It felt divine.

Friday morning the power came back on, woo hoo!! So I went about my normal busy Friday, work, break, work. Then Ellie picked me up, we picked a car full of people up, and we started out for this 'three ward fhe activity' they lied to us so bad! We all show up in jeans ready to meet people and h e fun... And it's a choir concert in the chapel. We felt so out of place and blind sided. But it was actually a really beautiful concert. I loved it. Then we got a group of people and went bowling.I bowled a 25 or something impressively terrible like that. But since I am not competitive and I only wanted to go to socialize and have fun, I came out winning in my book.

Liz and I caught up on covert affairs and glee last night.

I'm hoping today will be a fairly mellow day. I kinda feel like I need to go clean the chapel since our ward planning was stupid. I want to go see a movie. A group of us are going to festival of trees later this afternoon. And then I've got football games to watch all evening... hopefully not alone.

I have met people lately that share my love for things like car talk and top gear. It makes me itch for a few good episodes of top gear. Laughing my face off while also learning a ton.

Happy Saturday. P.s. the wind is back,

No comments: